Sometimes we forget that it’s the simple things our customers (users) need help with. We have many shared mailboxes in our environment and many users that need to send as the shared mailbox. It can be confusing for a user to understand how to send with a different mailbox than their own. So I wrote these simple instructions for how to send e-mail as a shared mailbox to help them along.
- From the Outlook client, click New to start a new e-mail.
- Click on the Options tab and then click From. This will create the From Field. (You will only need to do this once.)
- Click the drop-down arrow in the From field and select Other E-mail Address. You will need to do this each time you want to send an e-mail as anyone other than yourself.
- Enter the first part of the shared mailbox name and click OK.
- The sending address will change to the shared mailbox e-mail address. The message will now be sent as the shared mailbox.